I would like to show you one of my favourite christmas manicures so far this year.
I was inspired by another user on instagram who did some gorgeous poinsettia nails and being a December baby poinsettia are very special to me.
I started with a fabulous base colour – Color Club antiquated from the foiled collection (I am in
love with these, they are so pretty and the silver shimmer/ shine is beautiful.
I gather my supplies and started my art. I used quite a few polishes to create the flowers.
Here is a little step by step of how I created the flowers
1. Create a base shape for the flower and petals using red and green polish (you can use acrylic paints if you prefer, I only had polish at the time)
2. Use a nail art pen to outline the design and create the central petals.
3. Add highlights on petals and leaves. I used a white nail art pen for the petals and a lighter green for the leaves.
4. Cover the white highlights with the red to blend and add lowlights with a darker red as desired.
5. To finish add yellow to the centre of the flower and add small details with black nail art pen (I didn’t get a picture of this step but you can see from my final design the details I added).
Here is the finished product in unnatural light:
And finally a daylight shot which really shows of the shimmer of the base coat 🙂
I hope this tutorial will help you to create this design and if you do try it I would love to see! Show me on here or tag me in your pic on instagram (@nailinkanail)
Merry Christmas xxxx