I’m not sure about everyone else but we have had some awful weather where I am so I wanted to brighten my nails to lift my mood. I’ve really fallen in love with studs lately and as my new chevron nail vinyls had arrived I thought I would give an idea a go to incorporate both. It’s a fairly simple design as it uses the vinyls so I have created a step by step tutorial for those who want to give it a go themselves.
Here is what I used (obviously you can use any colour polish or studs you fancy).
HK Girl Top Coat
Orly – Liquid Vinyl
Orly – Dazzle
Barry M – White
Barry M Gelly – Grapefruit
Ciate – Hopscotch
Coloured square studs
Skinny single chevrons from nailvinyls.com
Ok so here is the step by step
1. Paint index and pinky with Orly – Dazzle, paint middle and ring finger with Barry M – White.
2. Add two studs to the top of the index and pinky on an angle to form diamonds.
3. Take 2 mini chevron vinyls and place one the right way up and one upside down overlapping. Try to leave enough space for a stud in the centre.
4. Paint the top half of the nail with Ciate – Hopscotch making sure to leave the two triangle gaps at the side blank.
5. Paint the bottom half with Barry M Gelly – Grapefruit.
6. Use Orly – Liquid Vinyl to fill the triangles either side.
7. Quickly but carefully remove the vinyls and add topcoat.
8. Place stud in the centre of the white diamond.