- Ruby Wing – In Your Dreams
- Born Pretty – Ultrathin Glitter Sequins Candy Colour
- Glisten & Glow – HK Girl Top Coat
Today I have these fab glitter sequins from Born Pretty to show you.
The sequins are available in 3 varieties, circles, stars and hearts. I opted for the circular sequins as they are a little more versatile than the other shapes. When looking at the pot these come in, you cannot even imagine how many are inside, hundreds! There are 3 sizes – 1mm, 2mm and 3mm in diameter. The 2mm sequins come in so many different colours from gold to neon green. The 1mm and 3mm have a little less variety on the colours but there are still lots to choose from. As the description states these are ultra thin making them perfect for adding a touch of sparkle to your everyday manicure without the need for glues etc.
The easiest method for applying these is as follows:
- Polish your nails as normal.
- While the second coat (or first if that is all that is required) is still tacky add the sequins as you desire. I find the best way to pick the sequins up was with a very slightly wet dotting tool, gently touch the sequin and press gently on to the nail.
- Repeat step 2 until your design is complete. If the polish dries add a clear top coat and continue applying sequins.
- Once you have completed your sparkly creation, add a top coat to secure the sequins. You may want to apply 2 coats to get a smoother finish.
As you can see I opted for flowers to show you the variety in the little sparkly pot. This was a little time consuming searching through the pot for the matching colours but it was worth it, I love the finished result.
Overall I think these sequins are a great addition to anyone’s nail art collection. They are beautifully colourful and quick to apply. The topcoat secured them in place perfectly and there was no streaking of colour which I have found with some coloured glitters in the past.
If you would like to get your hands on these little gems click here to visit the Born Pretty store. As an added bonus use the code PEERG10 at the checkout for a 10% discount.
* The glitter sequins were sent to me by Born Pretty for an honest review *