- Butter London – Molly-Coddled
- Butter London – Marrow
- Barry M Gelly – Cotton
- Nail Vinyls – Single Chevron
- Black Acrylic Paint
- Stylishnailart Brush MAXI
- Glisten & Glow – HK Girl Top Coat
I have seen many of the fantastic ladies on Instagram sharing designs created with chevron vinyls. I loved the results but wanted to do another twist with using both black & white chevrons instead of one single white one.
I had two new Butter London polishes that complimented each other perfectly, so chose them for this design. As it is a fairly simple design I won’t go crazy waffling on about it but I did create a pictorial for one of the nails should you wish to try…
- Start with a white base polish
- Place 2 single chevron vinyls 2 thirds of the way up the nail
- Paint the space above one colour and remove the closest chevron vinyl.
- Paint the below space and remove vinyl.
- Carefully reposition the top chevron vinyl back in place leaving the bottom part clear
- Using a fine brush and black paint fill in the white space showing
- Remove the vinyl and add top coat.
If you prefer to use polish only I suggest adjusting step 5 by also adding another chevron vinyl up to the edge of the bottom colour giving you the space to apply the polish straight in the gap without having to worry about trying to be careful with the bottom line.
I hope you like these anyway xoxo